Pages

Happy enough.

A dear friend called me last night. It's been almost a year since we talked and I was so glad we were able to catch up with what's going on with our lives.

I asked her if she was happy with the life that she chose. I thought I heard a hint of disappointment in her voice or was it just me? Maybe I was trying too hard to hear I wasn't listening. I wish for her to be happy. I'd really like to believe she is happy .
She asked me if I am happy, too. For a moment there, I didn't know how to answer her. I mean, is one ever truly happy?

Everyday we face this battle that we call CHOICE. And choices are never handed to us in a silver platter. We have to fight for it, we can hurt and be hurt and whatever happen to these choices, we have to live with it. I stumble and fall, I cry, I get lost. But I can love, I can laugh, I can do the best with the life that I chose to live.

So I can't say I'm blissfully happy. But I'm happy enough.

0 pinky-swear friends shared a thought or two...: