Pages

Quote of the Day~Life

"Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: 'I'm with you kid. Let's go.'"
– Maya Angelou

About Maya Angelou
American poet and author Maya Angelou is best known for her autobiography, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings. She was born in St. Louis in 1928 and grew up in rural Arkansas. Due to her activism, Martin Luther King asked her to take a leadership position in his organization. In 1993, at President Clinton's request, she wrote and performed a poem at his inauguration. She has also directed films and appeared on television. She teaches at Wake Forest University.


3 pinky-swear friends shared a thought or two...:

Unknown said...

Angela is definitely one amazing woman. I can read her books over and over again.
Great quote. Glad I stopped by.
Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate.

Robin said...

Great quote, she's one heck of a woman.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Angelou is one of my favorite authors. I've enjoyed all her memoirs.

Paz