Pages

Second Chances

My flatmate was asking me to help her prepare some sort of oratorical piece and her topic is "everybody deserves a second chance". I asked what's her point of view regarding this issue but she doesn't want to take a stand. Ugh! She just wants to drone out the piece and go. She doesn't even want to expound on the topic because she doesn't want to "win" the debate! So I said, "ok, but that would be me talking!".



The question made think, " do we really deserve a second chance?"

"I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins. Put Me in remembrance; let us contend together; state your case, that you may be acquitted." (Isaiah 43:25-26)
God forgives, so why don't we?

My stand would be this:
  • If you were not ready for the first ~ you need this second chance!
  • If there's something to be learned ~maybe
  • If there's no remorse ~ you certainly don't deserve to have it!

1 pinky-swear friends shared a thought or two...:

haisley said...

May be it depends upon the situation,....sometimes second chance will only bring us despair...