Pages

Unspoken

A friend is asking me last night how is it that I can bottle up feelings when she can't? I don't know. I just do. She's heartbroken, and it's been a week already since I've been consoling her. She says she can't get him out of her mind. She's been posting offline messages on his YM 3 days in a row with no response, and she can't get it to her head that maybe he doesn't want to do anything with her anymore. She's been texting him, too. She's restless. She would turn on the TV and would coast the channels from 1 to 70 then back again finding nothing worth watching. Then the Ipod, searching the playlist with no song in mind.****sigh**** She'd cook, but won't eat so I end up eating everything. She'd buy 2 liters of beer (Red Horse Beer) but would just sip a glass, so I end up drinking everything. She'd check her cellphone every 3 minutes even if she doesn't hear alerts, and would sigh when she sees no message. And so she was asking me, how can I be heartbroken and not show? Because there's no point, that's why. There's no point crying over someone I've been happy with,and was happy with me, too, even for a short time. And if he forgets, then it's not my fault and my loss. I have my memories, and that what is important. There's no point really in playing the "what if" game in my head over and over. I can't do anything anymore for the lost time. If I did my best, then I have to accept that some things are not meant to be and move on. And if I didn't, I'll make up next time.

0 pinky-swear friends shared a thought or two...: