(click button to join the fun!)
I think my name's the most common name ...and the world's most boring! There where times that I wish I am a Sasha or a Rachel! But well, I'm stuck with it, so I might as well live with it!
Old ladies would say that your name is what you are, that's why they name their babies by the saint or of the day they were born so these babies will imbibe the characteristics of the saints or personalities they where named after.
So what's in a name?
I googled my name and here is what I found:
Rowena \ro-wena, rowe-na\ is pronounced roh-EEN-ah, roh-ENN-ah. It is of Old German origin, and its meaning is "fame and happiness". Also possibly (Welsh) "slender and fair".Do I match?
- fame? - check.Not the superstar quality but definitely not a wallpaper!
- happiness ? - check. I take every opportunity to be happy, and to share joy wherever I can.
- slender? - definitely NOT! I'm not waif-looking, if that what it means.
- fair? - check.
...that's 3 out of four.
this is me!
Other known Rowenas:
- Rowena Jackson - Prima Ballerina from New Zealand.
- It was popularized by Sir Walter Scott, who used it for a character in his novel 'Ivanhoe' (1819).
- Rowena Ravenclaw, one of the four founders of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the Harry Potter book series.