Pages

Escape

"Open the goddamn door!"

It was the most terrifying whisper she has ever heard.  The small window -- her freedom -- is too small.

"N-n-no! Please stop..." , as she curled herself into the far corner of the bathroom.

When the door latch turned slowly, all she can do is close her eyes and whimpered, "please..."

*************




This is a Friday Flash Fiction 55 hosted by Mr. Knowitall.

11 pinky-swear friends shared a thought or two...:

Brian Miller said...

oh heck yeah...nice 55...creepy cool...love that it was a whisper...shivers...

moondustwriter said...

This must be national child abuse week - cuz I have read a ton of heart breaking poems and such about kids.

I want to cry

thanks for posting
have a kick ass weekend as the G-Man would say

Janna said...

Creepy and gut-wrenching.
Well done. (!!!)

Thanks for another Friday 55.
Mine's here.

Anonymous said...

terrifying .. m sort of happy it didn't go further ..

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A few words that said so much.
Thanks for bringing it to the fore.

Yvonne.

clean and crazy said...

i have been in that same bathroom, i know the fear. great 55 very vivid

Dulçe ♥ said...

WOW
This is scary and terrible... but terrific too!

One Prayer Girl said...

I pictured a battered wife, but it surely could have been a child. Very scary. Hard to imagine but I know this happens a lot. How sad.

My 55 is up.

PG

One Prayer Girl said...

I pictured a battered wife, but it surely could have been a child. Very scary. Hard to imagine but I know this happens a lot. How sad.

My 55 is up.

PG

PattiKen said...

I'm so glad you were limited to 55 words. Wife or child, in either case it's horrifying.

Monkey Man said...

I'm with Brian...creepy cool. A great fiction and in 55 just like G-man wants. Loved it and thanks for stopping by my 55.