- The sound of rain pelting on the roof or window pane
- sound of cicadas in the night, everytime I go home in the province
- JV's voice, when we talk or make love
- belly laugh
- Kurt Cobain
- acoustic guitar
- crash of water waves against the rocks or sea wall
- sound of cooking
- wind chimes
to join, or visit other favorite sounds of my friends, see here!
"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks
outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens."
– Carl Jung
About Carl Jung
Carl Jung, the Swiss psychiatrist who originated such well-known psychological concepts as the archetype and the collective unconscious, has provided inspiration to people ranging from Joseph Campbell to Bill Wilson, the founder of Alcoholics Anonymous. He was born in 1875 in a small town; he studied with Sigmund Freud before parting ways due to the radical difference in their views of human nature. Jung is considered second only to Freud in his influence on modern psychology, particularly in the area of dream analysis. He died in 1961.
"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose– Groucho Marx
which it shall be."
About Groucho Marx
Julius Henry "Groucho" Marx was the wisecracking central figure of the Marx Brothers comedy team, waggling his eyebrows in movies like Duck Soup and A Night at the Opera. He was born in New York in 1890. His mother organized the family into a vaudeville act, which didn't become successful until Groucho began ad-libbing jokes and insults. In the forties and fifties, he hosted the wildly successful radio and TV quiz show You Bet Your Life. He died in 1977.
Welcome to the July 23rd version of Thursday Thunks!
(which we always seem to post on Wednesday)
Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!
This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by
Berleen, the number 22 and the color of the last road kill you saw.
1. You walk into a store and the cashier is being held up by a robber. The robber's accomplice is dead on the floor at your feet with a shotgun laying next to him. The robber does not see you, but the cashier does - what do you do?
2. We go to an ice cream shop for an ice cream cone. You say you are buying and I am going to stay in the car. You ask me what I want and I say "surprise me", what kind of ice cream cone am I going to get?
3. You have a dream that your co-worker, friend or whoever is hit by a garbage truck after they back into a ladder with a black cat on it. The next day you see that person standing by a ladder with a black cat on it and there is a garbage truck driving down the road.... what do you do?
4. What is the most money you've won on a lottery or scratch off ticket?
5. A neighbor kid down the street comes to your door and offers to wash all of your windows outside for $10 - do you have him do it?
6. Go to Google Images. Type in the name of the last movie you saw. Post the first picture that comes up.
8. What is the messiest room in your home?
9. Have you ever been to a wedding that participated in a strange tradition that you had never heard of?
11. What was the last email that came into your inbox about?
12. Have you ever purchased anything from a sex shop? Extra points if you tell us what it was....
13. Go back to that Google Images link... type in the last food item that you ate. Post the 2nd picture it comes up with.
14. Got any bumper stickers on your vehicle? What are they?
15. What meme question do you wish was never asked again?
For fresh seafood, this is the place! You buy it fresh and pay extra for cooking it in any way you wish. "Dampa" literally means "poor man's hut" and it is a collection of little restaurants that offer their freshest catch of the day.
Three restaurants in one place! Kamayan is traditional Filipino cuisine. I love Japanese food and saisaki has the best sushi in town. Dad's more on western/american cuisine. This place is great for large get-togethers, and if you're lucky, you'll be serenaded with the song of your choice!
A WiFi Hotspot and great coffee for quiet conversations.
7. Okavango Restaurant (Marikina Riverpark)
If you're out to listen local bands, have a beer with your close friends , dine one good asian-african cuisine, this is the best place for double dates! From Okavango, you'll have a great view of marikina.
8. Baywalk's quaint restaurants
– Henry Miller
About Henry Miller
The bohemian American novelist Henry Miller is best known for his sexually daring autobiographical novels, Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn, and for his love affair with benefactor Anaïs Nin. He was born in 1891 in New York. His writing blossomed after he moved to Paris in 1930 but was banned in the United States for its erotic content. Miller eventually won the right to publish in the U.S., becoming an icon of the sexual revolution. He died in 1980 in California.
Today we ripped this meme off a blogger known as Arnab Chakreborty from the blog The Heretic. He does not say where he got it from. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Cheers to all us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: The Heretic Meme
1. Who was the last person of the opposite sex you lay in a bed with?
My beloved Teddy who stayed 4 days last week.
2. Where was the last place you went out to eat?
3. What was the last alcoholic beverage you consumed?
4. Which do you prefer - eyes or lips?
Can I have both?
5. Medicine, fine arts, or law?
6. Best kind of pizza?
Pepperoni with lots of mozarella cheese
7. What is in store for your future?
I live my life a moment at a time. We can only wish, or work , for it, but we never really know.
8. Who was the last band you saw live?
I haven't seen any local concerts in a long while.
9. Do you take care of your friends while they are sick?
My flatmate Anne. She ran a fever last week, and her boyfriend did not want to come because he was scared that it might be AH1N1...
10. How many songs are on your iPod?
11. Where is the last place you drove to?
At one of our client's office in Sucat, Bicutan.
12. Where did your last kiss take place?
At my appartment's door Tuesday last week.
13. What were you doing at 11:59 PM on Monday night?
I guess, sleeping already?
14. Are you a quitter?
Sometimes.. I may quit on something today and take it up again tomorrow. Or not. Depends.
15. Who was the last person you had in your house?
My sister and her bf, last night.
15. What do you think about people who party a lot?
I live and let live!
16. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable?
Generally, no. Dirty talk with the BF could be fun, but
17. What was the last CD you purchased?
A compilation of Alternative/Acoustic Rock
18. What are two bands or singers that you will always love?
Guns N Roses
Red Hot Chili Peppers
19. Which of the seven deadly sins are you guilty of?
I think I have been guilty of everyone of them at one time or another. lol
20. How is your last ex doing? Don't know and don't care!
1. Canned Tuna in brine and omellette make a quick and easy dinner.
2. Black Market by James Patterson is the book I'm reading right now.
3. July brings back memories of hot coffee on a rainy day back in the province.
4. Telling you I love you, JV, is stating what was so obvious.
5. They say if you tell your dreams it won't come true.
6. Give me time to think it over.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to having JV at the house, tomorrow my plans include finishing the book and Sunday, I want to do my laundry, sleep, and basically be a couch potato!
Welcome to the July 16th version of Thursday Thunks!
(which we always seem to post on Wednesday)Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!
This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by
Kimber, the number 15 and the color of windows.
That's me again, in white shirt. We didn't mind that there were dark clouds and heavy rains. We didn't mind that we were the only people in the playground and in the pool. We were just happy. I think this was in October, 2 weeks before our FINALS for the last sem in school.
Feelin' naughty today!
1. Have you ever attended a group masturbation party? Same-sex or mixed?
3. Have you ever video’ed yourself while masturbating (solo)? Where are they now?
- A-ha /Take on me
- Soulsisters/ The way to your Heart
- Eric Clapton/ Wonderful Tonight
- Bryan Adams/Heaven
- Patti Austin & James Ingram/Baby, Come to Me
- Basia/Time and Tide
- John Cougar/Hurts So Good
- Eurythmics/Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
- Guns N' Roses/Patience
- Prince/When Doves Cry
"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." ~Emily Bronte
This I realized in the last 4 days that JV was here.
Actually, when at 7pm last Friday I haven't heard his knock at my door, I just resigned myself to an "alone" weekend. I was playing my favorite Red Hot Chilli Peppers concert at Slane Castle on my dvd when he arrived at around 10. At that moment I saw him smiling on my doorstep, I knew in my heart that this person is THE special one. The first thing he said, "Are you playing that for me?" with a naughty grin. And I said, "What do you think?" Sometimes, we play hide-and-seek games like this because it gives us time to recover from that initial unsure footing of our feelings for each other. But despite the warmth, I sensed something's wrong with him, he sounded sad. I did not press, though. We talked till 2 in the morning of Saturday, catching up with our separate lives in the past two weeks we haven't seen each other. This is a good exercise for us, I think, when we pick each other's minds in the course of our conversations.
We slept a good part of Saturday morning then I cooked him "Nilagang Baka"( Beef Stew) for lunch. I like cooking for him. Then we talked some more, had a couple of beers, then he goes back sleep again. He just wakes up to eat or to drink water, then goes back to sleep again. But I let him be, I know something's bothering him and he needs to be alone.
It was Sunday when he spoke of it. He was talking of his little girl, he says he's excited to see her this coming weekend, on how he misses her. That made him sad, being apart from her. He talked about his family, about his life in Iligan and all his college experiences. He says that now, there are only two people in this world to whom he can open up his real feelings. That's his mother, and me. For the first time, I saw him shed silent tears and my heart went out for him. I asked him what is it and he said he doesn't know. He's feeling blue, that's all. I know that showing his vulnerability is hard for him...pride is a foolish mask, but don't we all wear them?
Ah! If I only could carry his burden for him, but I know he won't let me. I know him so. All I can promise is that I will always be here.
This here is my friend Iya (in the middle). We met 3 years ago at work though she stayed for a while in Malaysia to accompany her husband,she came back this year to complete her Accounting major. We have a lot of plans of going into business together.
This is Bing, she's in Singapore now. We've known each other since MFI days. The beauty of our friendship is that even if there were long periods of silences, we still have this strong bond.
My friend Kat. My best supporter.
This is JV, a.k.a Teddy. He is my dearest friend. I love him with all my heart. He makes me believe in a lot of things, that there is more to life and we have to make the most of it.
2. I've been to many schools. 2 in grade, 3 in highschool.
3. I'm a fan of animated movies. From Lion King to Ice Age and everything in between! I like comic hero movies, too! Batman series, Spiderman, Superman, the Marvel heroes, Daredevil and Hellboy too, you name it, I've watched it!