Today DJ KathyA picked Bob Dylan. The song titles are in bold caps and the lyrics are in bold. Here's Rock 'n Roll Fridays!
1. TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGIN’ “And there’s no tellin’ who that it’s namin’ for the loser now will be later to win, For the times they are a changin’”
What would you do or play at a Casino? I'd play the SLOT MACHINES.
2. ON DESOLATION ROW “To her, death is quite romantic, She wears an iron vest. Her profession’s her religion, her sin is her lifelessness”
What was the worst job you ever had? As machine operator in a cotton company. I lasted about a week.
3. DON’T THINK TWICE IT’S ALLRIGHT “I ain’t sayin you treated me unkind, you could have done better but I don’t mind. You just kinda wasted my precious time. Don’t think twice it’s all right”How do you waste your time besides memes? Stalk other people's blogs and check how they did their memes. LOL. Of course, I sleep and watch DVDs.
4. IT AIN’T ME BABE “You say you’re lookin for someone, never weak but always strong. To protect you an’ defend you whether you are right or wrong. Someone to open each and every door, It ain’t me babe” What traits make up the ideal mate for you? honest, witty, wide-reader, loves traveling, good conversationalist, good teeth,
5. JUST LIKE A WOMAN “She takes just like a woman, yes she does, she makes love just like a woman, yes she does, and she aches just like a woman, but she breaks just like a little girl”
What woman would make a great president? The Philippines had two woman presidents already and I don't know if I want another one!
|photo from Bruce on Games|
Have you ever fired a rifle, handgun or other firearm? Paintball once. Does it count? On deeper thought, I certainly won't recommend this to kids as I feel it encourages violence and makes it look like fun. But PAINTBALL is FUN!
7. LIKE A ROLLING STONE “You used to laugh about everybody that was hangin’ out, Now you don’t seem so proud, about havin’ to scrounge for your next meal”Have you ever been on Welfare (the Dole), or collected Unemployment Insurance Benefits? No, not yet. And I hope I won't be.
8. MAGGIE’S FARM “Everybody says she’s the brains behind Pa, She’s 68 but says she’s 24”When was the last time you lied about your age? When I was still in my teens, I always try to pass for 20 so I can get into disco bars or If I I have crushes on older men. Now I don't lie anymore. I let them guess. LOL
9. MR TAMBORINE MAN “Hey Mr Tamborine Man, play a song for me, I’m not sleepy and there is no place I’m goin’ to. “
Have you ever played a musical instrument? NO. I think I'm tone deaf.
10. ONE MORE CUP OF COFFEE “One more cup of coffee for the road. One more cup of coffee ‘for I go…to the valley below”
What brand of coffee do you drink and how do you take it?
|photo from Batanggenyong Online|
There is joke going around on how clean the Filipinos are: they wash their bread on their coffee before eating!
That we do, too. Especially in the morning with hot pan-de-sal!
For Instant -- Nescafe. I drink it hot. Or cold. Not too sweet, not too creamy. I like my coffee to taste like coffee!
12. SUBTERRANEAN HOMESICK BLUES “Look out kid, don’t matter what you did. Walk on your tip toes, don’t try NO DOZ, better stay away from those”
When you have to stay awake what do you do when you are very sleepy? Coffee, coffee, coffee. Play rock music. Surf the net. If all else fails, I pinch myself.
13. TANGLED UP IN BLUE “I was layin in bed wondrin if she’d changed at all. If her hair was still red…”What color(s) has your hair been? Always has been dark brown.
Happy Friday everyone!